Our customers’ privacy is important to us at Atlantic Fire & Safety Equipment Ltd.. We PROMISE to only collect, use, retain and disclose your personal information in accordance with your wishes or as required by law.
Our policy is to only collect and store information that is necessary to provide you with the products and services that we offer. We do not share or sell your information to others.
Our collection and storage of information may be used to:
- Establish credit.
- Provide products and services.
- Establish and maintain communication with you.
- Offer you products and service.
- Maintain service records.
Some information that may be collected:
- Name, address, phone & fax numbers, e-mail address.
- Billing information including addresses and contacts.
- Credit information including bank and trade references.
- Product and service information
Customer Credit Card (Per PCI Standard):
- Atlantic Fire has established a “Customer Credit Card Security” policy to insure secure credit card use. (Attached)
- Credit card numbers that are entrusted to us are used carefully, exactly as you have agreed and will be destroyed upon completion of that use.
- Administration handling of POS functions are restricted.
By providing your information to us, you have consented to these uses and disclosures. You have the legal right to access and correct personal information in our possession or control, no matter what your relationship is with us. It is also your right to choose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information or to limit the use or sharing of your personal information. Should you choose to exercise these rights, we will accommodate your wishes as best we can but certain information must be collected, used and shared in order to provide products or service.
Customer Credit Card Security
Protecting Card Holder Data
As a merchant we are responsible to insure that the physical and virtual environments are secure in protecting cardholder data. (Per PCI Standard)
Electronic payment processing equipment will be obtained only from companies following Payment Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard to help us accomplish this.
To insure secure cardholder use, with Atlantic Fire & Safety, the following practices will be implemented:
- Do not put credit card numbers on any documents including customer information sheets, invoices, receipts, faxes etc.
- Do not store cardholder information (credit card numbers) on the computer or by any other means.
- When processing debit transaction be sure to provide privacy of PIN # for the customer.
- Do not transmit credit card numbers via fax or by any other means.
- Do not request transmittal of credit card numbers via fax or any other electronic means.
- If credit card information has been transmitted or entrusted to us:
- Take great care in applying it to the payment as directed by the customer, as quickly as possible.
- Forward the “Customer copy” to the customer ASAP being sure that the card holder information is not included.
- Destroy the information (card number and expiry date) as soon as you have completed the transaction.
- Administrative operations of the POS equipment will be restricted to Larry Somerville (owner) and/or “cleared” office manager.