Some notable changes, in the fire extinguisher service industry, that we fully endorse, are:
- Licensing of fire extinguisher service technicians by the Province of NB-Public Safety.
- The implementation of “Verification of Service Collars”. (Proof that the unit has been discharged and serviced.)
- The annual replacement of an approved dated tamper seal.
- Cylinders that have passed a high pressure testing will bear a “seven digit” code, which includes a government issued "registered mark", either stamped into the cylinder or a label affixed by epoxy to fiber wrapped cylinders.
These changes help to insure that:
- Fire extinguishers are being properly maintained.
- The customer is getting the service they are paying for.